Cook The Perfect Steak Every Time!
Steak is one of the most popular foods around, but the thought of cooking it can be daunting! Don't let that stop you from enjoying a great steak at home. Here are some tips to help you cook a perfect steak every time:
1. Choose your steak wisely.
It's important to start with the right cut of meat—and that means something different for everyone. If you're going for a big, juicy steak, then you'll want a ribeye or porterhouse cut. If you're looking for something a little more tender and leaner, then go for a filet mignon or strip loin. But if you really want that perfect medium-rare texture in every bite? Then go with flank steak.
2. Season your steak. The best way to season a steak is with salt and pepper. If you want to add any other ingredients, do it before cooking the meat. For instance, if you’re making fajitas and want them to have a Mexican flair, sprinkle some chili powder over the steak before placing it in the pan or on the grill.
3. Use a cast iron pan. Cast iron pans are great for cooking steak because they heat up evenly and retain heat well. If you don’t have one, use any other type of heavy-duty pan that will sear your steak nicely.
4. Use a Meat Thermometer. The best way to know that your steak is done is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the probe into your steak and leave it there until it reads the temperature you want. Different types of steak have different ideal temperatures, but most chefs recommend medium-rare (130˚F), medium (140˚F) or well done (160˚F).
5. Let the steak rest for a few minutes. After you remove your steak from the pan or grill, place it on a plate and let it sit for at least five minutes before cutting into it. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat so you don’t lose any when you start eating.
Most people are pretty obsessed with cooking the perfect steak, but in reality it's pretty hard to do. However, with the help of a meat thermometer and following a few easy steps, anyone can cook the perfect steak at home.
Dual Probe Digital Cooking Thermometer
BALDR digital dual-probe meat thermometer comes with two stainless steel probes that can be used to read TWO types of food simultaneously, making this device extremely convenient when rushing around cooking family dinner on Christmas or Thanksgiving.
COOK LIKE A PRO: BALDR dual probe thermometer has seven USDA pre-programmed meat cooking temperatures built-in. Now you can cook any meat to perfect degrees of doneness: rare, medium, or well done; pork, chicken, or steak. You can also adjust the set temperature manually. With its powerful magnet, kickstand, and hanging hole, the thermometer can be placed anywhere in the kitchen.